UNIFRANCE« Back to Case Studies
uniFrance, an organization dedicated to promoting French Cinema worldwide, enlisted Touchwood PR to handle their PR activity surrounding TIFF. They looked to us for a fresh perspective and approach to publicity, planning, execution and sponsorship surrounding their involvement with the festival.
French films represent approximately 10% of all films shown at TIFF. Touchwood was tasked with the following:
- Create media and public awareness for 15+ key French films at TIFF 2014
- Create media and industry awareness of uniFrance and their work in support of French cinema;
- Organize the annual cocktail event to celebrate their roster of French films screening at TIFF by securing venue and sponsors for the event;
- Liaise with attending talent and manage the media for the event.
STRATEGY AND TACTICS:
Touchwood PR organized press days and junkets for key French films with North American and international media.
A large part of our efforts were focused on revamping the uniFrance cocktail that celebrates all French films, filmmakers and members of the industry during TIFF.
- Secure a venue that suited the personality of the client, and set the start time later in the evening and evolve it from a cocktail to a celebratory party.
- Organize a proper red carpet within the venue to add excitement and streamline the media opportunities.
- Bring on sponsors that compliment the uniFrance brand, and tap into their brand equity to help elevate the image of the event.
- Provide a gift bag of high value.
We planned to use the event as a mechanism to achieve publicity for uniFrance as a whole, while at the same time, promoting the individual films and their artists. We also endeavored to devise a social media strategy in partnership with our sponsors.
Touchwood’s efforts were met with great success on all fronts from securing interviews for the filmmakers and talent associated with the uniFrance titles as well as securing interviews for the uniFrance executives. We were also successful in bringing on a number of sponsors including luxury leather retailer M0851, alcohol sponsors Grand Marnier and Peller Estates as well as Evian and Badoit. Each guest left with a lovely gift from M0851. The response to the event was overwhelmingly positive as you can see in this reel that Touchwood commissioned. The reel was produced and sent out via social media within 24 hours of the event, and shared with sponsors as part of our social strategy.