Mar 12, 2019« Back to News
Join Our Team! Now Hiring a PR Coordinator
Are you creative, organized and a team player with communications experience and passion for the arts and the entertainment industry? Touchwood PR, a vibrant full-service public relations firm, is accepting applications for a position of Publicity Coordinator.
Application Deadline: March 22, 2019
Start Date: April 15, 2019
Term: Full-time with benefits
Touchwood PR is a full-service publicity, promotions and social media firm specializing in film, arts and culture, entertainment and events. Touchwood PR’s professionals push boundaries, think creatively, and excel at media relations, event planning, media accreditation, talent relations, promotions and crisis communications. Touchwood PR’s clients include Cineplex, FAN EXPO Canada, Focus Features, Netflix, Soulpepper Theatre Company, Telefilm Canada, TIFF, Toronto International Festival of Authors, Toronto Symphony Orchestra, Canadian Film Fest,
Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival, Gerry Dee, and Ali Hassan, among others.
Touchwood PR is seeking a highly motivated individual to work in a fast-paced environment by supporting the team in its publicity and promotions campaigns for various clients. Main responsibilities include servicing media as required, assisting in execution of promotional
activities, writing and distributing press materials, managing the media contact database, managing the collection of press coverage and reporting.
Including but not be limited to:
- Work with Publicists in executing publicity strategies for various clients;
- As part of a team, perform various tasks relating to Touchwood PR and its clients, including writing and fact-checking backgrounders and press releases;
- Update and maintain media contact database;
- Oversee the training of interns and volunteers;
- Coordinate advance screenings, ticket fulfillment and distribution;
- Conduct promotional research and coordinate grassroots outreach to groups and organizations across Canada;
- Assist in coordinating and securing promotional partners;
- Provide administrative support including answering phones, fielding media enquiries, sending courier packages and overall office duties as required;
- Work with the team on reports related to promotions and media relations activities to
- evaluate the effectiveness of various campaigns;
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, public relations, arts, film or related field;
- Minimum of 2 years related communications/media relations work experience in film, entertainment, arts or public relations fields;
- Strong communications skills (written and oral) as well as time management skills to meet deadlines;
- Strong computer skills: MS Word, MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Interest in and knowledge of film/arts trends and developments;
- Familiarity with media relations monitoring and reporting tools such as MRP, Infomart, etc.;
- Experience working collaboratively with team members as well as independently;
- Adaptable to flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends, and demands of working in a fast-paced environment;
- Additional languages an asset.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept cloud hosting or file sharing programs), by 11:59pm on March 22, 2019 BY EMAIL ONLY.
Attention: Hiring Committee
*Please note PUBLICITY COORDINATOR in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential. Touchwood PR is an equal opportunity employer.