Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Plan and execute media relations and promotional strategies for various clients, independently or as a team;
- Provide support to team members on various projects;
- Write, edit, and circulate press releases, correspondence, and internal documents;
- Brainstorm creative ideas and strategies for campaigns;
- Schedule meetings and interviews;
- Effectively manage current relationships with media and external stakeholders;
- Maintain and develop new relationships with members of the media;
- Liaise with clients and internally on all activities, as required;
- Assist in the coordination of various events;
- Assist with completion of accurate, thorough, and timely publicity and post-mortem reports.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Ability to plan and execute effective publicity campaigns; have experience in pitching the media and securing media coverage;
- Minimum of five (5) years of PR or related experience;
- Established relationships with local and national art and entertainment media outlets and journalists;
- Superior communications skills, both written and oral;
- Understanding of various social media platforms;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to handle a large volume of work;
- Adaptable to a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field is an asset;
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Experience with experiential marketing and social media campaigns.
This is a full-time role with competitive salary and benefits. Touchwood PR is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit a cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5:00pm ET on Friday October 1, 2021 by email only.
Email: email@example.com / Attention: Hiring Committee
*Please note Publicist position in the subject line*
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.